- The Hopi Tribal Chairman extends Executive Order to August 7, 2021
- The National Weather Service has issued Flash Flood Warnings for the entire Hopi Reservation
- Hopi Reservation declared a Natural Disaster and is in a State of Emergency
- Breaking news: Water has overflown the banks of the Polacca Wash
- Hopi High School will be closed to all visitors until further notice
PHOENIX, Ariz. – Brent Edwin Justin, 32, of Maricopa, Arizona, was sentenced yesterday by U.S. District Judge John J. Tuchito nearly 17 years in prison, followed by five years of supervised release. Justin previously pleaded guilty to Second Degree Murder.
On March 1, 2020, Justin shot the victim multiple times on the Gila River Indian Community, resulting in the victim’s death. Justin is an enrolled member of the Gila River Indian Community.
The Gila River Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted the investigation in this case. Raynette Logan, Assistant U.S. Attorney, District of Arizona, Phoenix, handled the prosecution.
CASE NUMBER: CR-20-00557-PHX-JJT
RELEASE NUMBER: 2021- 041_Justin
Source: U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Arizona