- The Hopi Tribal Chairman extends Executive Order to August 7, 2021
- The National Weather Service has issued Flash Flood Warnings for the entire Hopi Reservation
- Hopi Reservation declared a Natural Disaster and is in a State of Emergency
- Breaking news: Water has overflown the banks of the Polacca Wash
- Hopi High School will be closed to all visitors until further notice
February 11, 2021
Lolma. There is a new position open at the Hopi Health Care Center for a Contact Representative. It appears this position is being re-advertisement to solicit more applicants.
The Contact Representative position is located at the Hopi Health Care Center in Polacca, AZ. This position serves as a liaison and resource between the inpatient, outpatient and Emergency Departments, patients, families, visitors, and others, in support of the patient’s interests, and works with supervisors and managers to resolve potential problems and/or customer service complaints. The incumbent will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Serves as the primary point of contact to prevent, minimize, or resolve customer service complaints, seeks solutions for unresolved needs and to find better outcomes as the patient, families, and others navigate through the IHS health care delivery system.
- Ensures patients are aware of their rights, distributing and explaining the provisions of the “Patient Bill of Rights,” and supporting their interests if violations of those principles occur.
- Provides information to patients of their benefits, privileges, obligations or rights as patients.
- Receives complaints from patients, their families or others regarding hospital care and other services provided. Determines if complaint or issue has been discussed with medical providers or others involved.
- Works closely with the medical and nursing staff to coordinate discharge planning activities, explaining to patients when necessary, the continuing treatment required and local resources available upon their return home.
- Develops and maintains a sound working relationship/liaison with community resources to expedite maximum utilization of existing resources via the referral process.