The Nursing Assistant will report to the Supervisory Nurse in the Inpatient Department located at the Hopi Health Care Center, Polacca, Arizona. The incumbent performs a variety of nursing tasks involving standardized procedures that require knowledge and consideration of specific patient conditions, and treatments. The incumbent serves as an assistant to the Registered Nurse and must function independently in completing work assignments and providing direct patient care.
- Accurately measure patient’s vital signs, weight, height, blood sugar and intake & output.
- Shares in the responsibility for initiation and maintenance of the clinical record and patient care plans.
- Performs waived testing and documents results accurately.
- Transports patients to and from special departments within the hospital.
- Makes entries on the patient’s electronic medical record and other documents as required.