- The Hopi Tribal Chairman extends Executive Order to August 7, 2021
- The National Weather Service has issued Flash Flood Warnings for the entire Hopi Reservation
- Hopi Reservation declared a Natural Disaster and is in a State of Emergency
- Breaking news: Water has overflown the banks of the Polacca Wash
- Hopi High School will be closed to all visitors until further notice
March 2, 2021
Lolma and welcome to the Hopi Times. The past few weeks have been extremely busy with work and school that we have not been able to provide any updates.
Initially, this site was created as a way to provide our Hopi Senom with real time COVID-19 data, as well as, related news. Especially since our tribal web master(s) was extremely slow to provide this much needed information.
Now that most of us have received one of the vaccines, there is less need to post statistical data on recent cases. This is not to say that we are out of harms way since there are variants of SARS-CoV-2 and some may affect our people in negative ways. As with any virus, there is the potential for the virus to mutate and possibly render the vaccine(s) ineffective. So please, please do not let our guard down. Please continue to practice social distancing, mask up, wash your hands and do not forget how deadly this virus can be.
If you have any ideas for how this site can be of use for the Hopi Senom, off and on the reservation, please share using the form below. We always welcome your input and continue to seek contributors.