- The Hopi Tribal Chairman extends Executive Order to August 7, 2021
- The National Weather Service has issued Flash Flood Warnings for the entire Hopi Reservation
- Hopi Reservation declared a Natural Disaster and is in a State of Emergency
- Breaking news: Water has overflown the banks of the Polacca Wash
- Hopi High School will be closed to all visitors until further notice
March 26, 2021
Lolma. As many of you know, mask mandates are being lifted here in Arizona and some schools are planning to reopen. While there are arguments on both sides of the aisle, it should be noted that variants pose significant threats to our people and our Tribal leaders must be knowledgeable when making decisions to reopen our schools.
Below are some articles on the variants along with a timeline for detection in Arizona. This is a dynamic post and more information will be added as it becomes available. Kwa’kway for reading and please continue to be safe. This virus is not good for Native Americans, especially those with underlying conditions.
3/26 – First cases of the South African variant
3/12 – First case of Brazilian variant